NOTICE: The LADWP Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate Program
has been extended to December 31, 2015.
Make your purchase on ChargedEV.com and we'll help you with the application process, installation and management of your EV Chargers.
Commercial Charge Up LA Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate Program
LADWP introduced the Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate Program, “Charge Up L.A.! – Home, Work, and On the Go” to encourage the installation of convenient electric vehicle (EV) charging stations at residential and commercial locations to support the purchase and use of EVs. This program will benefit the environment and help EV users save on fuel costs at the same time. The rebate is offered to qualifying commercial customers who purchase and install Level 2 or DC Fast Chargers at their place of business for employees and public use.
Commercial customers can receive up to $750 for hardwired wall-mounted EV chargers and up to $1,000 for stand-alone pedestal chargers. The rebate does not cover the cost of installation. One (1) EV charger rebate is available to commercial customers who have a minimum of five (5) parking spaces available to employees, customers, visitors, and/or tenants. One (1) additional EV charger rebate is available for each additional 20 parking spaces.
A maximum of 20 EV charger rebates are available per business location or multi-residential property. If the commercial or multi-residential property qualifies for a maximum total of 20 Level 2 EV charger rebates, the customer may choose to install a DC Fast Charger (Direct Current of up to 480 Volts) instead. The customer would receive a rebate of up to $15,000 (20 X $750) for the purchase of the DC Fast Charger.
- Applicant must be an LADWP commercial customer.
- The EV charger(s) must be within the LADWP service area.
- Applicant must have a minimum of five (5) parking spaces available to employees, customers, visitors, and/or tenants.
- The charger must be hardwired wall or pedestal mounted and UL listed and installed by a qualified and licensed contractor in accordance with local codes, permitting, and inspection requirements.
- Application must be submitted within one year of EV Charger purchase and postmarked no later than December 31, 2015.
How to Apply
- If you need a new EV service for your charger(s), the first step is to contact the LADWP to request this service. To begin the meter installation process, please submit an EV Charging Station Request online form. For meter service call 1-866-484-0433.
- If you choose not to have a dedicated EV service then simply hire a licensed contractor and have the charger installed under an approved building and safety permit.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and Program Requirements (on the application) before purchasing and installing the EV charger(s).
- Install the EV charger(s) according to the program criteria.
- Download, complete, and submit the EV Commercial Charger Rebate Application. Call 1-866-484-0433 if you need an application mailed to you. Review the application, including the terms and conditions, to confirm your eligibility and don't forget to include your signature and the date.
Mail in your original completed and signed rebate application with the following supporting documents:
- Copy of your most recent LADWP Utility Bill (only Page 1)
- Finalized building permit
- Itemized receipt for charger(s)
- Completed and signed IRS Form W-9
- Photo of each completed charger installation (front view)
- Documentation of total number of parking spaces for workplace rebate applicants
- Documentation of number of vehicle visits and/or business transactions per day for public charging rebate applicants
LADWP Electric Vehicle Processing Center
P.O. Box 51111, Room 1019
Los Angeles, CA 90051-0100
This is a limited-time program to assist Commercial customers with their charger costs. Rebate terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. The program is set to expire on December 31, 2015, or when funds are exhausted, whichever comes first.
To view more information about EVs, go to Drive Electric.